Thursday, November 6, 2008

Voting

Hopefully everyone voted in this most historical presidential election year. What a wonderful thing to see such a huge turn out. Lucky for me I was able to walk right up to the polling booth and cast my vote. If you didn't vote you should because you konw the importance of it when you have the following conversation with your four year old:

Alex: Mom, where are you going?
Me: I'm going to vote.
Alex: When do I get to vote?
Me: When you're 18.
Alex: But the tv said the kids pick the president.
Me: That's true we did see that on tv.
Alex: I'm going to write my vote on a piece of paper when I get home.

(Note: Nicklodeon did an online voting option where the kids picked the president.)

So if at 4 it was important to vote so should it be for anyone over age 18 (no matter who you vote for).

Even the middle school (Kayla) and the elementary school (Logan) did mock elections.

2 comments:

Jason said...

Voter turnout was low for both the republican and democrat candidate.

This election had the largest turnout effort in history.

http://nomedals.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I'm glad the election is over. Now we wait and see what happens.