Friday, November 28, 2008

Start of a New Tradition

Every year there are a few items that we're usually looking for in the door buster sales at the different stores near our home. Normally it's just me getting up at hours that are unmentionable but this year I got some company. This year I got to share the experience with Kayla. Last year Kayla discovered the "other" Santa and so this year I told her she could join me on my adventure. Mostly because I already have most of her gifts.

I must say it was nice to have someone to talk to while I'm standing in the lines and someone to ride in the car with me. I used to do that with Jenny (but alas we're too far apart to do that now other than joining each other via phone). We worked as a team splitting up to make sure we got everything we were coming for. She and I enjoyed a nice venti cup of coffee from Starbucks (her second favorite only to going to Kohl's)after shopping and picked up some Krispy Kreme donuts for those still at home in bed. We were back home in bed by 7:40 a.m. - a record shopping trip even for me.

Hopefully next year she'll decide to join me again and she has a greater appreciation for what we do to get just the right gifts for the ones we love. Thanks for spending the time with me Kayla.

No comments: