Friday, February 29, 2008

One Week Until Savannah

I can't remember if I've posted this before or not but Kayla's Girl Scout Troup (which I'm the leader but mostly I think on paper because of all the involved parents) is heading to Savannah in one week! It seems like just yesterday the girls were planning it and deciding what adventures they wanted to go on. The girls (with the help of their parents) have raised enough money to pay for 1/2 of the trip. I think that's pretty amazing.

Our adventure is going to be a ton of fun. We start our day on Friday heading off for the four hour long trip down and then checking into the hotel and unpacking. Then it's off to a dinner and then a ghost story carriage ride. Saturday will be an adventure as we head to Tybee Island's Marine Center to earn a badge, do a dolphin tour and visit the lighthouse. Then back to the hotel for a pizza pool party! Sunday we'll visit the Juliette Gordon-Lowe house (the founder of Girl Scouts) and do some activities and tour the grounds. After our history of Girl Scout lessons we'll be doing some window shopping on market street. Monday morning we'll head to the Andrew Lowe house and the cemetery before eating lunch and heading home.

I of course will miss Phil and the kids. Although I think Phil will miss me a bit more since he'll be home with the boys. And I will miss Alex's first tball game of the season (which I'm sure they'll win as they are the Pirates who don't do anything. :) ). So meanwhile I'll sit with Kayla and count down the days until we leave.

No comments: