Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Last Night of Religious Ed

Last night was the last religious ed class until the start of the next school year. This has been a lesson for me. I taught a group of 10 5th graders this past Spring semester. I must say it has been challenging.

Just like everyone else they come directly from school and extra curricular activities to sit for an hour and a half with no down time in between. Many are stuffing fast food down their throats as the rush to arrive for the 6:30 p.m. class. I know Kayla and I are eating our dinners as we drive to class.

Some want to learn things others are there because their parents make them come. I leave class some nights wondering if they've learned anything - even if it's just something small. Then I listened to the homily last night (it was about the story of the mustard seed) and I think I may have planted some small seeds of knowledge in their heads.

Even though it was at times stressful perhaps that was God's plan for me. As Father Jack said last night God has a plan for each of us no matter how small or how tall we are and that he's always there even in our weakest moments.

No comments: