Sunday, October 19, 2008

Favorite Weekend Moments

This was the first weekend in a while that we weren't jam packed with activites and could just hang out together. On Saturday we went (after Alex's game and a birthday party) to the 2nd Annual Gwinnett County Reading Festival. The kids all got a free book, we saw Spiderman (he signed the boys books), listened to a great story teller and watched Kayla sumo wrestle. That was the most hilarious (I'll post photos soon) thing to watch. It was like wrestling in slow motion. Phil and I laughed and laughed while we watched that.

Today I took the boys (as Phil is studying for his Masters comps)to get Alex's haircut, to the library and to pick up crickets. While we were out (amidst the I get to get in the van and buckle first arguments) we decided to pick up some chocolate chips to have chocolate chip cookies. After dinner and after Phil and Kayla left for her RE class the boys and I made cookies. It was a lot of fun and they didn't fight. Each boy got to put equal amounts of ingredients in and equal turns using the blender. The result - smiles (great memories) and some DELICIOUS chocolate chip cookies.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good weekend. I kinda miss weekends full of doing stuff with kids. But all my 'kids' did come over this weekend. :)