Wednesday, April 11, 2007

You Should Follow Your Dreams

Whoever said you shouldn't follow your dreams and do something that you love is crazy. While it may be hard to do if you're just starting out it should always be your ultimate goal to love what you do and do what you love. Take for instance, a good friend of ours, our former neighbor in Illinois, Jeff Schiestel. He was working in a large corporation making a nice six figure salary but he was unhappy. His true passion lies in cooking.

He originally started out catering for friends and family. His business began to grow to the point where he had to make a decision. Do I continue to do this part time or do I jump out of my comfort zone and do what I truly love - cooking gourmet meals. I've tasted his cooking and I can honestly say it is true gourmet and I'd have him cater for me if I lived closer. So he and his wife Delaine finally agreed that going out on his own was the best decision.

At the beginning of this year, Jeff rented his own space and now has his own professional kitchen and tasting room. Go here to see photos of his new place. He offers simple meals for week night dinners, romantic dinners, business catering all the way up to large weddings. Although I'm sure he's not as busy as he'd like to be the business (just in the short couple of months he's been open) is starting to expand.

What an inspiration Jeff is to all to show that you should follow your dreams.

No comments: