Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Tball Tournament Updates

I noticed I've been slacking in updating the status of the Orioles tball team this season. The team ended regular season play with 8 wins and 4 losses. Not bad for Phil's first time coaching this level. :) We had our first play off game on Saturday night. It sure was a nail biter. We were the home team so we were last up to bat.

I think if I could get away with it I'd just watch the last inning of the game. My nerves can barely take it. The boys did well in the game. Alex even got the ball quite a bit in the outfield and was able to get it in and keep the other team from advancing any further on the bases.

The team played against the Giants and won 17 to 16 in the fifth inning. I hate going to 5 innings I'd rather be done at 4. (In the 5th inning you can score 10 runs not just 5 so it's anyone's game.) Game 2 of the single elimination tournament for the Orioles is tonight at 6:00. Keep your fingers crossed for the team. They'll be playing the White Sox tonight.

No comments: