Friday, September 12, 2008

Doing the Happy Dance

This may not seem like a big deal to most but when you drive 38 miles one way to work every day it's a huge deal. I've been driving through an area of construction for about two years (carpooling most of the time). It's supposed to be complete in December and lucky for us that live north of Atlanta they opened a portion of it last year way ahead of schedule.

One of the things they are doing is extending out where the HOV (high occupancy vehicle - i.e. 2 or more) begins and ends. Much to my suprise this morning they reopened the HOV lane at the new starting location! I had to do a small, yet carefully executed, happy dance with my co-rider this morning. This change is going to save us even more time!

Happy Day!

2 comments:

Soralis said...

Yey to the new lane... I have driven in Atlanta before it's crazy!!! (I so miss that area. :( )

Unknown said...

I can understand your rejoicing over that! 38 miles, one way? Ouch!