Thursday, January 31, 2008

Prayers For Rita and Her Family

It is with great sadness that I write this blog. Today we learned that Rita whom we've adopted as family and who has adopted us as family as well has passed away. I'm asking that you please keep her and her family in your prayers.

Rita was a wonderful woman. While we've only known her for last 3 1/2 years or so she has become an important part of our lives and we consider her family. Our friendship began when Alex was an infant and all three kids sat with me in church while Phil sang in the church choir - Rita offered to help me with the kids so we could attend church as a family. We've sat together ever since.

Even at 81 or 82 (time seems to have flown since her suprise 80th birthday party) in my mind she is too young to die but God had a different plan. I know that she is in heaven looking down, smiling and watching over her family and all the others she held close in heart.

Rita we will miss you and know that our lives were better for having you in it.

No comments: