Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Logan's and Kayla's Christmas Programs

I realized that while I posted about Alex's Christmas Program I didn't post about Logan's or Kayla's. Last Thursday was a divide and conquer night for our family. Logan had his Pre-K Christmas Program that began at 7 p.m. and Kayla had the 5th grade musical that began at 7:30 p.m. So I took Logan and Phil took Kayla and we were both armed with video cameras so that we could tape the event for the other.

So off Logan, Alex and I went to Logan's program. We had to leave early so we'd get a seat in a position that would allow us to videotape the program. It's funny how crazy parents get when it comes to watching their own kids and taping it. Logan had a speaking part in his program (and if I can get my dvd drive to work I'll post it). Three kids from each of the Pre-K classes each held a letter in the word Christmas. Logan's letter was M. He said, "M is for merriment for friends and family close and dear." He did very well if I do say so myself. Then after each kid said their line they all chimed in and said, "And that is the meaning of Christmas." Then each group sang some cute songs. Logan's class (along with another Pre-K class) sang Mrs. Claus, Up on the Housetops, and I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas.

Then it was off to join Phil to watch the already in progress 5th grade musical. Kayla had a speaking part in her program as well. The boys and I arrived just before she said her last line and got to see about 1/2 the program. She did a really good job. We've been so busy that we haven't been able to watch the video yet but I'm sure we will this week with Grandma and Uncle Tony in town.

Now we get to relax and get ready to spend Christmas together.

No comments: