Thursday, December 6, 2007

The Best Day Ever

When you have three kids (or more) it's so hard to spend any one on one time with them because someone always has something going on. But last night I got some rare just Logan and mom time. Kayla had Thai Boxing so Phil was taking her to her class and Alex wanted to tag along. That meant it was me and Logan (plus the animals) left at home to clean and make dinner. Logan happily volunteered to help me wash the dishes, wipe down the counters, and wipe down the table. While we waited for dinner (the oh so healthy chicken nuggets and tator tots) we played a game on the computer.

When dinner was ready Logan and I sat at the table to eat dinner together. Logan says to me, "Mom I'll always love you." I told him (with a slight tear in my eye), "I'll always love you to Logan." Logan then said, "Mom I'll always love you even when I'm dead." If that's not love I don't know what is and when Logan is a teenager and he tells me that he hates me (hopefully he won't but if he does) I'm going to remind him of the evening that he told me he'll always love me even when he's dead. Thanks for making my night special Logan.

No comments: